- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
UPDATE: Big congratulations to our Monday winner: Ashley Burdette!
In answer to our question, One of the ways to protect yourself when using public wi-fi is to make sure the site is encrypted. How can you tell if a website is encrypted or not?, Ashley shared the following answer:
“To determine if a website is encrypted, look for https at the beginning of the web address (the “s” is for secure). Some websites use encryption only on the sign-in page, but if any part of your session isn’t encrypted, your entire account could be vulnerable. Look for https on every page you visit, not just when you sign in.”
Find the link to enter each day’s contest here: http://www.dsef.org/2014/02/26/national-consumer-protection-week-2014-contest/
It’s one of our favorite weeks of the year…National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW)! It’s a time to highlight some of the amazing resources available on the web to help you make informed choices as a consumer and business owner. And since we love this week so much, we’ve decided once again to make it even MORE fun with a contest!
Each day this week, we’ll post a question. Use the NCPW resources we’ve provided to answer the question, and you’ll be entered to win an amazing gift tote full of products from a number of generous companies in the direct sales industry. We’ve provided some bonus entry options as well.
We’re giving away a bag stuffed full of amazing products each day, so be sure to come back each day to enter!
Today’s winner will receive a gift bag of products from over 20 direct selling and network marketing companies, including at least one of the following from each of these companies:
- 4Life MultiPlex and RiteStart
- Ahni & Zoe Photo Album Set
- Amway Product
- Arbonne Genius, Nightly Science and Botanical Retinoid
- Demarle at Home Medium Silpat and Perforated Baking Sheet
- Initials, Inc. Picnic Tote in Chocolate
- Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set, Lemon Parfait Pedicure Collection
- Mary & Martha Wire Market Basket and Burundi Mountain Blend Medium Roast Coffee
- Princess House Press & Chop Food Processor, Marissa Square Platter, Healthy Meatloaf Maker Set, 13″ Round Grill Pan and Glass Press, Terra Flame Grill Stone
- Rodan & Fields Skincare
- Scentsy Hampton Warmer and Honeymoon Hideaway Bar
- Signature HomeStyles Peekaboo Bunny Runner
- Silpada Vintage Silpada Necklace
- Southwestern Advantage Book Set
- Team National Dick Loehr’s Sensational Secret Seasoning Salt
- Thirty-One Zip Top Organizing Utility Tote
- Touchstone Crystal Sunny Days Necklace, Blue Horizon Necklace, Petra Reversible Pendant, White Ice Bracelet, Braided Tassel Pendant
- Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry Boutique Club Jewelry Set and Dream Bracelet
- USANA Health Sciences Health & Wellness Product
- Vantel Pearls Pearl Jewelry
On Friday, we will choose one name from among all entries throughout the week to win an iPad mini, donated by Mannatech.
Contest also sponsored by Nu Skin, who is generously providing program funding.
How to Enter
Simply leave a comment answering today’s question: One of the ways to protect yourself when using public wi-fi is to make sure the site is encrypted. How can you tell if a website is encrypted or not? (Find the link to the answer on our NCPW resources page! – Opens in a separate window)
* Contest is open to residents of the US and Canada, ages 18 and older.
Good luck, and don’t forget to tell your friends!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)