- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
Because the direct sales industry is such a people-centered business, it is extremely important that you find your motivation and ambition from within. Tapping into your interests and desires will give you an advantage over your big business counterparts by allowing you to connect with your clients and recruits on a personal level. If you are just starting out in direct sales, looking to reinvigorate a business that has reached a plateau, or seeking to maintain your success, find ways to use your strengths and advantages to achieve your goals.
Choose a product/service…
• you can be passionate about and maintain focus. Finding your passion is where it all begins. If you choose something that doesn’t evoke a strong feeling, the chances of success with that product/service are slim. Having been a public school teacher for close to a decade before staying home to raise her children, a prospective direct seller named Robin knows she is passionate about education. She has been researching several popular direct sales companies for which many of her friends are consultants. Robin enjoys attending these parties and shopping the catalogs of these companies, but since her true interests lie in the education field, she decides to sign with a company that specializes in educational books and other materials. Because she is already knowledgeable in this area and cares about providing children with quality literature, Robin can grow a profitable business by focusing on her passion.
• in which you can be an expert. Robin chose something in which she has solid expertise, and that can be a great foundation for a business. Even if you have been a direct sales consultant for a long time already, find a product or service within your company to learn as much about as possible. If you become an expert in this item, your sales presentations and opportunity meetings can include an emphasis on it. Prospective customers and recruits will notice how proficient you are on the subject and can feel comfortable looking to you for guidance about it.
• in which you have a strong community. Ask yourself: how can this product/service build ties to my community or strengthen existing ones? One of the innovative ways that Robin gets involved in her community is by volunteering to be a guest reader at local elementary schools. She chooses books that align with the curriculum and plans a themed activity to connect to the book. It’s a wonderful way to give back to the community while simultaneously using her strengths to help educate children and gain some exposure for her business. Find ways to build your own community ties with your product/service by using your existing strengths.
Your passion for the product/service that you offer should be the foundation and motivation for all you do in your business. Your expertise will help you take the action needed to achieve your goals, and a strong community will allow you to grow. If you have all three of these, you’ll be unbeatable.
What other ways do you think you can leverage your strengths and advantages? Please share your ideas below!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)