- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
When tackling any difficult task or project, preparing yourself mentally is crucial to accomplishing your goals. Sufficient mental preparation allows you to stay the course, handle obstacles that arise, maintain motivation, and follow through to the end. In today’s post, we suggest a few ways for you to mentally prepare yourself for a successful direct sales business.
• Establish and project an unshakeable confidence that you’ll achieve your goal. You may not genuinely have this confidence in the beginning, but “fake it ‘til you make it.” Achieving your goal should not be in question; think of it as something that WILL happen no matter what. Projecting this idea onto others will make them want to follow you because we are naturally attracted to those who are successful. For example, a fairly new direct sales consultant, eager to sign her very first recruit, is meeting a prospect to present the opportunity. When the prospect asks about incentives for building a downline, the consultant shares the company’s numbers and states very confidently that she herself plans on reaching the first recruiting level (4 people in her downline) in time to earn a free trip to this year’s national convention. The prospect is impressed with her certainty and therefore becomes confident in the company itself. Apply this same idea to sales presentations and networking events to provide a well-rounded business for yourself that is successful in all areas.
• Get used to being uncomfortable and excel in it. Remaining in your comfort zone and stepping away from every risk will not get you very far as an entrepreneur. Embrace those aspects of your business that cause you a bit of discomfort. Feel uneasy asking for referrals? Do it as often as possible in as many ways as you can think of. Dread the phone calls to follow up with a prospective hostess? Make those calls a strength of yours. After awhile, you’ll come to recognize this discomfort as an opportunity for big success and you’ll excel in trying new things all the time.
• Always keep moving forward and never give up. Accept the fact that there will be setbacks, you will experience frustrations, and you may even consider throwing in the towel. Tough times can truly test your resolve so do not even consider giving up for a second. If you make a mistake, fix it and learn from it. If you lose your motivation, set new goals that reignite your ambition. Use all the resources at your disposal to move your business forward, learn and grow as a professional, and see your goals come to fruition.
• Go all in 100%. Everything you do in your business should be done with every ounce of effort you possess. Whether you want to make this business your full-time job with a full-time income or you want it provide just a little bit of extra wiggle room when you pay your bills each month, put in 100%. If you only go halfway and find that it is not working out the way you want, you’ll never know what your true potential is.
If you are committed to doing all of these, then you are ready to build a successful business and all the ups and downs that come with it. Just as an athlete stretches before a game or a piano player runs scales before a concert, you must put in the preparation required to run your business.
Is there anything else you feel is necessary to mentally prepare for success? Please share in the comments section below!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)