- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
Sometimes, consumers need a little assistance when trying to resolve disputes with businesses, government agencies and other organizations. Call For Action (CFA) is an international, nonprofit network of consumer hotlines that connects people with the help they need to solve their problems.
In October, CFA held their Annual Conference in St. Louis, MO, where local office directors heard presentations on common consumer issues from companies like Google, AT&T and Visa. DSEF was a conference sponsor, and Director of Consumer Initiatives Regina Clay spoke to the group about the Foundation, the direct selling industry, DSA’s Code of Ethics and the differences between legitimate direct selling companies and illegal pyramid schemes.
“Your presentation was very informative and beneficial to our group—I received a lot of great feedback,” says Eduard Bartholme, CFA Executive Director. “Your willingness to share your expertise with our directors will help us to better assist consumers with problems.”
Call For Action partners with more than 25 local media outlets, and information collected by CFA on trends and new frauds affecting consumers is used by radio, newspaper and television partners to prepare news reports. CFA information is also provided to consumer protection agencies and regulators. More than 1,000 volunteer professionals donate over 300,000 hours a year to help consumers in need.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)