- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
Our Mission: The DSEF engages and educates the public about how direct selling empowers individuals, supports communities and strengthens economies worldwide.
Our Vision: A global marketplace that respects and appreciates direct selling.
Our success depends on working side by side with our partners in academia, women’s organizations and consumer protection groups to implement effective programs and events. It is through these invaluable partnerships that we can succeed in our mission to serve the public interest by advancing the direct selling industry’s support of consumer rights and protection, education about the industry, ethical leadership and individual economic empowerment.
The Direct Selling Education Foundation advocates a fair, educated and ethical direct selling marketplace. We deliver multi-faceted programming aimed directly at the contemporary issues facing direct selling companies and consumers in a global marketplace.
DSEF programming covers topics such as: ethical business practices, consumer protection and education, sales and selling practices, marketing and entrepreneurship, and the opportunities and challenges of globalization.
The Foundation offers conferences, training sessions, publications, university campus visits, teaching and instructional materials, networking opportunities, grants to organizations, consultative assistance, as well as research and case study grants. Our partnerships with consumer advocates, educators and students, public policy officials and members of the small business and entrepreneurship communities enhance public awareness of the direct selling industry as a whole.
Currently, DSEF is focused on five key initiatives to carry out its public service mission:
- DSEF’s Education Initiative
- DSEF’s Ethical Leadership Initiative
- DSEF’s Consumer Initiative
- DSEF’s Women’s Initiative
- DSEF’s Community Programs
Today’s direct selling market place is a global one, and DSEF is rising to meet the challenge of providing an essential public service to the direct selling industry and consumers. We are creating strategic partnerships with like-minded organizations and cultivating new friendships with future leaders in the fields of consumer protection, education, women’s issues and business. Through technology, we extend our global reach and through our programs, we inspire intellectual curiosity in the marketplace and interest in the direct selling industry. DSEF supports consumer rights and protection, direct selling education efforts, ethical leadership and individual economic empowerment.
Get Involved with DSEF and find out how much we can do for you!
*DSEF, a 501(c)(3) organization, is supported by voluntary contributions. All financial and in-kind donations to DSEF are tax deductible.
To keep up with the latest DSEF news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- On Board with DSEF: Dr. Linda FerrellDSEF’s Board of Directors brings to the Foundation a wealth of experience and ex […]
- Tools You Can Use: Research and Case Study ArchivesAs a business owner, you probably already know the value of research and case st […]
- On Board with DSEF: Dr. Linda Ferrell
- Here’s What to Do if You Don’t Have a Business PlanWhether you are just starting a small business or you are looking to reinvent yo […]
- Using Facebook Ads to Build Holiday BusinessFacebook Ads can be a powerful tool in helping you build business during the hol […]
- Here’s What to Do if You Don’t Have a Business Plan