- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
Direct Selling Entrepreneur Program
Successful direct sellers have always known they are in charge of their own professional destinies. For decades, direct sellers have embraced a career path that leads to a professional life marked by success and independence. At 16 million strong, today’s ranks of direct selling professionals continue to grow as increasing numbers of individuals pursue entrepreneurship.
The Direct Selling Entrepreneur Program (DSEP) brings the world of direct selling together with the community college entrepreneurship environment to increase the number and scope of self-employment opportunities across the country. Through this program, individuals learn the entrepreneurship skills they need to start or grow a successful business and gain confidence in their ability to thrive as independent business owners.
No matter one’s level of experience, the DSEP provides a new path forward for people seeking success as future independent entrepreneurs representing some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
About the Course
Developed in partnership between DSEF and National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship, the Direct Selling Entrepreneur Program curriculum is divided into ten modules and introduces the fundamental components of small business management including: marketing, finance, legal issues, planning, and ethics. In addition, course participants gain deep understanding of the wide variety of direct selling business strategies including individual sales efforts, party plan and network marketing scenarios, online sales and salesforce recruitment and training.
The thirty-hour, non-credit course is designed to provide direct sellers—and those interested in direct selling—with the small business management and entrepreneurship skills they need to succeed in this low-cost, low-risk, low-barrier-to-entry form of entrepreneurship. Developed to address direct sellers’ specific needs, the curriculum increases the options for entrepreneurship education in communities across the United States.
For information about upcoming courses, click here.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
From the Blog
- What’s YOUR Financial IQ?by Dr. Brenda Cude, College of Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Georgia How much do you—and your children and […]
- The Responsibility of Acting ResponsiblyBy Dr. Lawrence Chonko, the Thomas McMahon Professor in Business Ethics at the University of Texas at Arlington Many […]
- What’s YOUR Financial IQ?
To keep up with the latest DSEF news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- Entrepreneurship and Social Responsibility: We Can Make a DifferenceEvery day, direct selling companies and the independent salespeople that represe […]
- DSEF Campus Programs Help Direct Selling Go MainstreamWhile leading academics, labor organizations and policymakers publicly discuss t […]
- Entrepreneurship and Social Responsibility: We Can Make a Difference