- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
Outfitting for Opportunity
Prior to the Annual Meeting, DSEF teamed up with Career Closet to benefit local San Francisco women challenged by poverty, lack of education or single parenthood. This joint initiative, Outfitting for Opportunity, was created to provide these women with professional attire, accessories and beauty aids to make a great first impression when exploring new business opportunities.
DSEF sent out the call for help, and you answered. Participating companies included Accentz, Mary Kay Inc., ACN, Inc., PartyLite, All Dazzle, Premier Designs, Amway Global, Rodan & Fields Dermatologists, Anaheim OC CVB, Shaklee Corporation, Avalla LLC, Silpada Designs, Avon Products, Inc., Specialty Merchandise Corp., Belcorp Le’Bel Paris, Step Into Success, Inc., Celebrating Home, Symmetry Corporation, Cutco Cutlery, TARRAH Cosmetics Inc., Daisy Blue Naturals, Team National, Dove Chocolate Discoveries, The Longaberger Company, DSA/DSEF/WFDSA, The Pampered Chef, Dudley, Thirty-One Gifts, LLC, Fionda LLC, urStuff, LLC, Global Collect, Vantel Pearls in the Oyster, ITAGroup, Inc., WineShop at Home, Jafra Cosmetics International, Inc., Xennsoft, LLC, Jockey Person to Person, Asha Morgan Moran, lia sophia, Elizabeth Owen.
As a result, we were overwhelmed by donations of suits, jackets, skirts, pants, blouses, accessories and cosmetics—over 8,000 lbs. in all! “This collection is the best we’ve ever been able to give, ” said Jean K. Cecil, Executive Director of Career Closet. “So many happy women are still being helped through your gifts.” But your gifts were so much more than a number on the scale—your donations provided women with the confidence to pursue new business opportunities that could transform their lives.
DSEF takes the role of industry Goodwill Ambassador seriously, and we’ll continue to help bring together the industry for meaningful corporate philanthropy efforts. Get involved today!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
To keep up with the latest DSEF news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- DSEF Adds Silent Auction, Doubling the Bidding FunIn just a few days, direct selling company executives and suppliers will gather […]
- Donors Make a Difference, Connie Tang, President & CEO, Princess HouseDSEF’s programs and partnerships would not be possible without the support and e […]
- DSEF Adds Silent Auction, Doubling the Bidding Fun
- National Consumer Protection Week Contest 2015 – Friday!It’s National Consumer Protection Week! Direct Selling Association member compan […]
- National Consumer Protection Week Contest 2015 – Thursday!It’s National Consumer Protection Week! Direct Selling Association member compan […]
- National Consumer Protection Week Contest 2015 – Friday!