- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Consumer Education and Protection Initiative (CEPI) is a capacity-building program that helps build consumer confidence and grow small businesses. Projects provide consumer education and promote responsible business practices through planning meetings, seminars and hands-on training for small and medium enterprises in APEC economies.
DSEF launched the program in April 1999 in a joint effort with the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), and in partnership with APEC. A true public-private initiative, CEPI brings together consumer, government and business leaders to plan each CEPI program to meet the needs of the local market.
To learn more about recent CEPI events, visit http://www.wfdsa.org/initiatives/
To keep up with the latest DSEF news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- DSEF & BBB: Will You Have to Pay a 4% Surcharge for Using a Credit Card?By Caitlin Vancas Did you know that every time you make a credit card purchase, […]
- DSEF & BBB: Not All Customer Reviews & Review Sites Are Created EqualBy Myriam Cruz Looking for pre-purchase advice, more and more consumers are turn […]
- DSEF & BBB: Will You Have to Pay a 4% Surcharge for Using a Credit Card?
- Six Ways to Give Your Customers the Best Experience PossibleYour business relies on your customers to keep it profitable and thriving. One o […]
- DSEF & BBB: Be Cool. Know About the “3 Day Cooling Off Rule”By Myriam Cruz One of the questions we often hear at BBB is how to cancel the pu […]
- Six Ways to Give Your Customers the Best Experience Possible