- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
Earn and Learn 2011
Direct sellers from more than 20 DSA member companies were represented at DSEF’s Earn & Learn Direct Selling Fair, held March 25 at Indian River State College in Vero Beach, Fla. The fair was hosted by DSEF’s partners at the Small Business Development Center @ Indian River State College (SBDC) in collaboration with the Women’s Business Center @ Florida Institute of Technology.
An Energy-filled Atmosphere
“DSEF’s sponsorship of the Earn & Learn Fair is a great example of how our partnerships with organizations like SBDC and the Women’s Business Center can help educate communities about the power of the direct selling industry,” said DSEF Program Director Robin Diamond. “Our fairs also give field representatives the opportunity to meet new customers and prospects, and network with their peers. It’s a win-win for everyone involved.”
Silpada Independent Representative Debi DeRosa-Parish, who exhibited at the event, said she felt surrounded by the energy, confidence and pride that comes from owning your own business. “The training, relationships and experience you gain as a direct seller ultimately mold you into being the best possible version of yourself,” she said “It’s the hidden gift you won’t see in your start-up kit—but you will see in your mirror!” Hear more from DeRosa-Parish in this video.
The Power of DSEF Partnerships
Nearly 100 are residents attended the fair to learn about DSA member companies’ products and business opportunities and also take advantage of free workshops on a variety of topics related to entrepreneurship. Jen Fong, Social Media Associate at Luce and Associates, and Nancy Laichas, DSEF Director of Marketing & Communications, helped kick off the day with a standing-room-only workshop called “What Is Direct Selling?” Fong also
To keep up with the latest DSEF news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- On Board with DSEF: Dr. Linda FerrellDSEF’s Board of Directors brings to the Foundation a wealth of experience and ex […]
- Tools You Can Use: Research and Case Study ArchivesAs a business owner, you probably already know the value of research and case st […]
- On Board with DSEF: Dr. Linda Ferrell
- National Consumer Protection Week 2014 Contest (Day 5)It’s the 5th and final day of our National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW) celeb […]
- National Consumer Protection Week 2014 Contest (Day 4)UPDATE: Big congratulations to our Thursday winner: Tammy van Dongen! In answer […]
- National Consumer Protection Week 2014 Contest (Day 5)
Add Widgets (Secondary Sidebar)
This is your Secondary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Secondary Sidebar area.