- What We Do
- About Us
- Get Involved
Girl’s Night Out
Direct Selling Girls Night Out is an exciting event that aims to educate college students on the opportunities within the direct selling industry. The event is designed as an evening gala for college students to sample and shop with their friends while mingling with entrepreneurs and members of the direct selling industry.
The event includes an exposition of direct selling companies and their products, a short speaker program, music, food and networking. Direct Selling Girls Night Out promotes a greater understanding of direct selling and its opportunities for women to become micro-entrepreneurs while building valuable sales and marketing skills for their future.
Simmons College of Boston, Mass., hosted the first Direct Selling Girls Night Out in November 2009 in celebration of Global Entrepreneurship Week. The high-energy event, which brought together about 24 direct selling companies, attracted more than 250 attendees for a night out with the girls to sample, shop and network. The evening came alive with music, door prizes, goody bags and inspirational words from a young direct seller. A fair trade fashion show featuring designs for the professional woman rounded out the evening’s activities. The Girls Night Out event generated significant interest and enthusiasm by the Simmons student population for direct selling as a low-risk, low-cost, entry into an entrepreneurial opportunity and individual economic empowerment.
To keep up with the latest DSEF news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- On Board with DSEF: Dr. Linda FerrellDSEF’s Board of Directors brings to the Foundation a wealth of experience and ex […]
- Tools You Can Use: Research and Case Study ArchivesAs a business owner, you probably already know the value of research and case st […]
- On Board with DSEF: Dr. Linda Ferrell
- 5 Ways to Be More Successful in SalesHow do you achieve success in your business? Most likely, you strive to set goal […]
- Here’s What to Do if You Don’t Have a Business PlanWhether you are just starting a small business or you are looking to reinvent yo […]
- 5 Ways to Be More Successful in Sales